Waterford Therapeutic Program specialty school for boys, ages 11-17, provides therapy and 24/7 care for boys with social, emotional, behavioral, or educational difficulties brought on by adoption, trauma, family discord, or disability. All students must have an IEP to be able to enroll in our program. Our only goal is to create an environment which fosters positive behavioral change and establishes a pattern of successful experiences.
Waterford Therapeutic Program believes all boys want to succeed. If they are not successful in the classroom or at home, we want to help. This is our approach to caring for children. Our therapeutic boarding school environment fosters positive change, growth and a pattern of successful experiences. We do “whatever it takes” to ensure our students’ success.
Middle and high school aged boys at Waterford are served by our Connecticut State Board of Education approved private school—The Levine Education Center. Parents and children can anticipate classroom sizes of 5-7 students, guided by Certified Special Education teachers and arranged strategically by learning style and ability.
Waterford Therapeutic Program specialty school located in rural Connecticut serves boys ages 11-17, from around the nation. We help boys who are experiencing social, emotional, or behavioral issues, or learning impediments and disorders like Attention Deficit and ADHD. We are a nonprofit agency that has been serving children and families since 1922.
In 2009, we adopted Cornell University’s CARE Model. Our therapeutic program’s partnership with Cornell University is designed to guarantee a level of excellence for the boys in our care.
Specialty School with Expert Counseling and Care
Waterford partners with master’s level therapists to lead the children in intensive individual, group and family therapy.
Our specialty school clinical team is skilled in treating adolescents with a variety of challenges. Including, but not limited to:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Generalized Anxiety and Trauma (PTSD)
- Depression and Mood Disorders
- Learning Differences or Disabilities
- Conduct Disorders
- Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD)
Waterford Therapeutic Program specialty school uses traditional and individualized therapies for each student, like:
- Adventure Therapy – We believe the great outdoors is not just educational, but it makes a great setting for healing and growth.
- Relationship Building – Our staff make the most of their time with our students, building relationships and personal skills in the boys as they cook breakfast and dinner together, take care of their spaces, and enjoy leisure and adventure time.
- Athletic Fitness – We offer a Fitness Challenge trail, hiking trails, basketball courts, a baseball field, state of the art gymnasium (with weight room), gardens and a plethora of outdoor and indoor activities for our students.
- Milieu Therapy – Our students enjoy the animal-assisted therapeutic setting of our farm and wildlife rehabilitation center. Animals assist our staff in providing a platform for learning how to care for the wildlife, pets, and our domestic farm animals.
Call today for more information about how Waterford Therapeutic Program specialty school can help your son.